The Pescetarian Plan: Slimming and Wildly Healthy!
Adding fish to your diet can help protect your heart, brain health, and mood, and even improve your sex life. And going vegetarian is a great way to lose weight, reduce your risk of developing heart disease and cancer, and possibly add years to your life. So why not combine both eating styles and maximize your health benefits? Now you can, with The Pesectarian Plan: The Vegetarian + Seafood Way to Lose Weight and Love Your Food (Ballantine Books, 2014.)
In this one-of-a-kind program, New York Times best-selling nutritionist Janis Jibrin, M.S., R.D., deftly interprets the impressive scientific research and shows you just how easy it is to be a pescetarian. (“Pesce” is the Italian word for “fish”). The plan:
• Slims you down. Pescetarians are, on average, about 20 pounds lighter than regular eaters.
• Fills you up. It’s amazing how much food you get when you take red meat and fried foods off your plate. Easy-to-follow portion instruction (not calorie counting) is key to this plan.
• Offers the benefits of a Mediterranean diet. A wealth of scientific research confirms that the Mediterranean diet is the healthiest eating style on the planet. It just got healthier by eliminating red meat and poultry!
• Fights inflammation. High levels of omega-3 fats in fish and phytonutrients in plant foods fight chronic inflammation, which plays a role in heart disease, diabetes, cancer and dementia.
• Is easy, easy, easy. This program is a cinch to follow, whether you’re at your desk, in a plane, at a restaurant, in another country, or in your own kitchen.
• Is delicious. Jibrin teamed up with Chef Sidra Forman, whose seriously tasty recipes average only eight ingredients (including salt and pepper). Most dishes take just five to 25 minutes to make.
• Lasts a lifetime. Being a pescetarian isn’t a “diet” that you go on and off—it’s an ultra-nutritious eating style with endless variations.
There is no healthier or more delicious way of eating than pescetarian, and with Janis Jibrin’s nutrition expertise, and Sidra Forman’s cooking know-how, it has never been easier.