The chunky chutney in this recipe would also taste great with catfish. Also, if you have fresh parsley or cilantro, chop and add just before serving.
- 3 peaches, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mashed garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. In a medium saucepan, place the peach, onion, garlic, cider vinegar, honey, molasses, cayenne, and 1⁄4 cup of water.
- 2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes, stir- ring often.
- 3. Place the shrimp in a bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pep- per.
- 4. Cook the shrimp until just pink, approximately1 minute on each side on a grill or under the broiler.
- 5. Serve the shrimp with the peach sauce.