I make a shake similar to this on most days, but it is never exactly the same. The specific ingredients depend on what I have on hand and what I am in the mood for. This recipe is a good template to help get the correct balance of fruit, vegetable, nuts, and milk for a nutritious start to your day.
- 1 cup tightly packed kale
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews or almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup diced pineapple or strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 pitted date or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 medium banana
- 3⁄4 cup soy milk or 1-percent milk
- 1⁄2 cup small ice cubes
- 1. Place kale, cashew, cucumber, pineapple, honey, banana, soy milk, and ice cubes in a high-speed blender.
- 2. Process until smooth, 1 minute, and serve immediately.