Here’s a cookie you can feel really good about: It’s whole-grain with very little sugar but still feels like a treat!
- 1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Dash of salt
- 1. Combine the flour, sugar, coconut, sesame seeds, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in the oil, tahini, salt, and 21⁄2 tablespoons of water. Combine thoroughly using your fingers.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the cookie batter into 8 parts. Wet your hands and roll each portion into a ball. Place cookies on the parchment paper and gently flatten with the palm of your hand.
- 4. Bake until cookies are just starting to turn golden brown, approximately 12 minutes. Enjoy warm or room temperature.